Quest Team Paranormal Paranormal Investigations Forum

Login
FAQ

The Freedom Demon - Arsenal, Ravenna OH

Interested in talking about or had an encounter with a Sasquatch, Mothman, Chupacabra, or other cryptid? Join the conversation!

Moderator: Scott

Re: Mothman

Postby Scott » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:41 pm

The wings certainly look right.

Gobbledygook and I were talking about this a bit at the office the other day. I was surprised to hear how many other people have heard similar stories about the Ravenna Arsenal.

Also... If you google search "Ravenna Arsenal UFO" just a ton of stuff comes up. Including information on a pair of UFO Crashes/Landings in 2004.
Scott

Re: Mothman

Postby Kid Shelleen » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Google will give you a lot to read. I even found one link that talked about two UFOs that crashed in Ohio that were taken to the Arsenal before being taken to their final destination of Wright Patterson Air force base. I think we have all heard a few UFO tales about Wright Patterson.

Here are the coordinates for the Arsenal if anyone wants to Google map it. 41°12'37.33"N, 81° 4'24.17"W

Scott, in one of the stories I read they talked about an airfield at the arsenal, but looking at it through Google maps I’m not seeing one. Since you say you live close by do you know if there is an actual airfield there?
Kid Shelleen

Re: The Ravenna Arsenal, Ravenna Ohio

Postby Scott » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:26 pm

First.. I think we need to split this topic off by itself. The Ravenna Arsenal seems to be growing into its own topic.

Kid, to answer your question. The airspace over the Arsenal is not restricted in any way and I have flown over it myself many times. To my knowledge there is no airfield there. (At least I’ve never seen one.) I do know they make practice drops with C-130 aircraft which fly in from neighboring Vienna field which is located in Warren.

ALSO... Found this while searching out more information. Streeter road is a little over 2 miles away from the arsenal sighting. Could the red eyes and screams people are reporting be the Mothman?

•Streeter Road Forest - The woods along Streeter Road are known to be haunted. Screams, both low and high pitched, can be heard coming from the woods at all hours of the night. Witnesses have been chased from the woods by an invisible entity and some have seen red glowing eyes that quickly vanish.
Scott

Postby Scott » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:36 pm

Bigfoot Report Submitted to BFRO Near Arsenal

YEAR: 09-12

SEASON: Spring

STATE: Ohio

COUNTY: Portage County

LOCATION DETAILS: Specific location withheld at witness' request

NEAREST TOWN: Garrettsville

OBSERVED: We have lived in Freedom Township, Portage County Ohio, since 2000. In a wooded area right across from a creek.

We have heard in the spring time of the year a sound like a whoop...it was always at dusk, and into the night. It sounded ape-like...it would just go whoop, whoop, whoop, and just keep doing that. Our family would stand outside and listen! We have only heard it the spring of the year and at dusk into dark.

We also heard a screaming, high pitched howl coming from the creek, late at night! This was in the dead of winter and we could hear it, from inside the house. It was like it was moving up and down the creekbed. We joked as a family and said the howl was must be coming from a manic coyote...we only heard that screaming howl that winter...maybe about 3 or 4 times. It was frightening, as I have dogs and whatever was making the sound, I did not want it coming after my dogs!

My daughter also reminded me of something that happened about 12 years ago...we found a very large footprint by the barn...it looked like a human foot, but toes deformed like...we only found one...she also remember when we found the footprints there had been a sound of screaming and crying and wailing coming from deep in the woods...we all saw the footprint and heard the wailing...Ii think what we are hearing is a bigfoot

We never thought about a bigfoot making these sounds...but my husband was on youtube and and came across a video on bigfoot, we watched it and then he pulled up a video on bigfoot vocals and we heard the whoop and scream...it sounded like what we have heard!

Then I found out Portage County has seen sightings of bigfoot. Just wanted to share this with someone who believes what we have heard.

Thank you,

ALSO NOTICED: dogs would growl or bark...when the screaming howl...quiet when the whoops were being made!

OTHER WITNESSES: 3, in our home

OTHER STORIES: my grand parents in the 1960's who also lived on Freedom Rd...heard screams and odd sounds from the creek area.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: whoops came in the spring at late dusk, dark...sound was ape like...and it make it over and over again...we would listen and I would say that sounds like a monkey

ENVIRONMENT: woods, creek and swamp
Scott

Postby Ghost Girl » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:44 am

The Revenna Arsenal is really a hot spot. Why aren't you guys checking that place out?
Ghost Girl

Re: Mothman - Arsenal, Ravenna OH

Postby Ghost Girl » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:48 pm

Scott, I've been looking at this a lot lately. Has there been any additional sightings of the Mothman at the Ravenna Arsenal?
Ghost Girl

Postby Scott » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Lisa, the Mothman at the Arsenal is alive and well as far as I know. I need to send this photo to Jeff Wamsley.
Scott

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:08 am

This whole thing about this birdman/mothman thing at the Ravenna Arsenal has had my interest since I was handed the photograph close to 3 years ago now. I was out today searching for the location of the picture. So far I have not found it, but I have not covered the entire perimeter. mlb (Michelle) and I were talking about it tonight and the place in the picture looks familiar to us both. We just can't put our finger on where it is, but if it is there we will find it.
Scott

Postby Ghost Girl » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:57 pm

I want to see this thing.
Ghost Girl

Postby Scott » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:21 am

I found it tonight! Will post pictures over the weekend. I almost think we should name this thing something different. Maybe since it was spotted in Freedom Township we should call it the Freedom Demon.
Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Cryptids