Quest Team Paranormal Paranormal Investigations Forum

Login
FAQ

Finding Bigfoot

Interested in talking about or had an encounter with a Sasquatch, Mothman, Chupacabra, or other cryptid? Join the conversation!

Moderator: Scott

Re: Finding Bigfoot

Postby Talagon13 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:50 am

Ok. . thats exactly what I would do - bring the kids, bring sack lunches and make a day of it. Maybe they give merit badges for that.

Tell you one thing, I'd b more afraid of the giant white bunny.

Question-don't you think it would be easier to find a big, 11 foot, hairy, brown creature in the winter? or are they white like the snow shoe hare?
Talagon13

Postby Talagon13 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:52 am

Oh good! Insult the thing!
Havent they ever seen the Jack Links commercials
Talagon13

Postby Scott » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:54 am

Phew... That was close.. I was afraid they were going to be blasting Bo Bo's Justin Bieber cds.. :eek:

According to what most of these guys say, they are redish in color when they are young and get darker with age. Then they turn grey just like a human when they get old. Although I guess there are cases of the fur being all white.
Scott

Postby Kid Shelleen » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:57 am

Talagon13 wrote:Oh good! Insult the thing!
Havent they ever seen the Jack Links commercials

:lol: Now that would be funny. I would pay good money to see a Squatch come out of the woods and just kick the s**t out of one of these guys. Show Bo Bo a new way to wear that hat. :ohbaby:
Kid Shelleen

Postby Talagon13 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:59 am

Havent you ever heard of the Abominable Snow Monster? They are in Minnesota afterall
Talagon13

Postby Scott » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:07 am

I'll be curious to see where they are at in Ohio when that show finally premieres. Seems like I remember reading that Matt Moneymaker had one of his first sightings near West Branch. So I’m wondering if they will go there.

Ok guys…. 5:00am comes early so I’m going to clear out for the night. Everyone have a good one!
Scott

Postby Kid Shelleen » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:25 am

Scott, next week is your week. Don’t know if you caught last night’s show, but next week they go to Ohio. Probably filmed it in your backyard. :iwink:
Kid Shelleen

Postby Scott » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:20 am

Here is the story and photo from our local News Paper The Record-Courier Thursday, January 26 2012 edition.

On Bigfoot’s Trail

On Oct. 2, 1992, Kent resident Timothy Stover Jr. experienced a life-changing event. At 10 p.m. Sunday, Stover can be seen re-enacting the event on Animal Planet’s “Finding Bigfoot” television series.
On that day nearly 20 years ago, Stover, now a contractor and lifelong hunter, said he was exploring the woods at Salt Fork State Park when he encountered the elusive creature known as Bigfoot.
It would be another 10 years before Stover shared his story with anyone, but he began conducting Bigfoot research and now spends about 30 to 40 hours a week in the field seeking evidence.
“I know what I saw that day was real. It wasn’t a pleasant sighting, I was scared to death,” he said. “Ever since then, I’ve been doing this.”
Armed with about $8,000 worth of high definition cameras, thermal cameras and other technology, Stover said he spends about every other day in the woods from sun down to sun up conducting research.
“We have a lot of fun with this Bigfoot stuff,” he said.
Stover said he recently found some foot tracks in the West Branch State Park that measure 17 inches long and 7 inches wide.
“You can’t prove what it is, but you sit there and go, ‘What the heck?’” he said.
Stover notes that other creatures such as the giant shark and colossal squid were also thought to be mythical at one point in time.
“You can’t just write it off,” he said. “I’ve learned my entire life to keep an open mind.”
Stover said he’s appeared on numerous radio shows throughout the years in addition to his own, Ohio Bigfoot Hunters, but his appearance on Animal Planet’s “Finding Bigfoot” is his first television appearance.
Working with the cast and crew of Animal Planet was a “blast,” he said. “They treated me like their best friend. It was an experience I will never forget.”
Eldorado’s Pizza Pie, located at 1331 S. Water St. in Kent, is hosting a viewing party of the episode Sunday.
Stover said he nearly didn’t accept Animal Planet’s initial offer to feature him on “Finding Bigfoot,” but after pressure from friends he went along with it.
“I wasn’t in this for the public spotlight,” he said. “I’m in it for fun and sharing research and it came to this.”

Timothy Stover Jr., a Kent resident and local Bigfoot researcher, shows a casting of a 17-inch long, 7-inch wide footprint he found at West Branch State Park. Stover will appear on Animal Planet’s “Finding Bigfoot” at 10 p.m. Sunday.
Scott

Postby Kid Shelleen » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:52 am

Scott, I expect to see you hiding behind a tree tonight.
Kid Shelleen

Postby Scott » Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:58 am

Kid Shelleen wrote:Scott, I expect to see you hiding behind a tree tonight.

Alright.. I'm busted.. That was me pulling the tree over..
Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Cryptids