Quest Team Paranormal Paranormal Investigations Forum

Login
FAQ

The Gore Orphanage

Have you had an experience with an Entity, Imprint, Warp, Poltergeist, or Natural?

Moderator: Scott

The Gore Orphanage

Postby Scott » Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Location: A lovely little spot called Gore Orphanage Road. It gives even non-believers the creeps at night. It's just off of the road and is about three to five city blocks away from civilization. There is heavy tree and undergrowth that likes to block out most light at night. It's located in the basin of a small valley.

Background: Local folklore goes as such: Gore Orphanage used to be a quaint little orphanage that was mildly popular, though quite a ways away from town (but at the time most places were). As the story goes, one night a young boy was making his way to the out-house with an oil lamp. Something startled him and he dropped the lamp on the stairs. The resulting fire couldn't be stopped in time because of the suddenness of it and lack of good equipment. The stairs were the first thing to go up in flames, so the entire upper floor was trapped. Towns people gathered around to help try to put the fire out, but in the end could only watch as the children inside burned and suffocated from the smoke. They say over one hundred children died from the fire. Some from the mere shock of watching the other children burn. We have yet to verify with historians if this is true. But the fact that Gore Orphanage burned down and children died is common knowledge.

Current Folklore: Something as horrific as the fire of course would spawn superstitions and tales. The most common one says that when you visit the place where the orphanage was (there's just foundation left) most people don't see or hear anything, but when they return to their car dusty children's hand prints cover the doors, windshields, and hood. There have been supposed sightings of strange lights in the area and tales of people hearing the moans and screams of burning children. There is even a statue of an angel placed near the site in memory of the children who died. They call this the "Black Angel of Death", and superstition says that if you kiss it, you will die within the next year.
Scott

Re: The Gore Orphanage

Postby Scott » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:03 pm

The Team is planning to pay the Orphanage site a visit August 17, 2013.
Scott

Postby mlb » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:51 am

I really wish I could make this one!!!
mlb

Postby Scott » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:14 pm

I wish you were able to go too Michelle. Dicey says she is not interested in this one, so I guess it will just be Steve and I unless another forum member wants to go. Maybe Dawn or Susan will step up.

Oh, and this trip will be postponed until August 24th now. We are going back to Point Pleasant the 10th and I just can't be gone two weekends in a row. :angry Grrrr Too much yard work this time of year!
Scott

Postby Kid Shelleen » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:49 am

I would go with your group if I wasn't so far away. A little bit of a haul from Michigan.
Kid Shelleen

Postby Gobbledygook » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Scott and I are making our way up here tomorrow morning! Scott's collected a lot of information, we'll post it along side any findings we come across. :alert Stay tuned! :alert
Gobbledygook

Postby Ghost Girl » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:24 am

That is great news Steve. Can't wait to hear what the team finds. :cheering:
Ghost Girl

Postby Scott » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:29 am

It was a very interesting day to say the least. Steve and I witnessed and were able to video and audio record some amazing things. We literally had something throw itself against the crybaby bridge on Gore Orphanage road, and we captured it on audio! I’m still trying to wrap my head around what we witnessed today.
Scott

Postby Kid Shelleen » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:50 pm

I will be interested in hearing the details of your trip.
Kid Shelleen

Postby Scott » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:39 am

I caught some very interesting details while putting our first part of the investigation movie together. Take a look at this first image taken by Steve. Looks like just a picture of the Gore Orphanage raod Crybaby Bridge at first glance.

But look again… Within this image Steve found an orb.

And I found something unexpected as well. A woman standing by the Bridge clad in Black.

Here is an image show where these two apparitions can be found.

I am interested to know what everyone else thinks. Please post your thoughts.
Scott

Next

Return to Ghosts