Quest Team Paranormal Paranormal Investigations Forum

Login
FAQ

The Freedom Demon - Arsenal, Ravenna OH

Interested in talking about or had an encounter with a Sasquatch, Mothman, Chupacabra, or other cryptid? Join the conversation!

Moderator: Scott

The Freedom Demon - Arsenal, Ravenna OH

Postby Scott » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:33 pm

We’ve had something very similar to this here in Ohio at a place called the Ravenna Arsenal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Raven ... ing_Center

The Arsenal just like the TNT plant in West Virginia produced explosives during World War II and I believe even for some time after that. I would have to check into it, but I believe the acreage is still government owned and operated. I’ve heard people around here talk about a Mothman type creature there. I always find these stories interesting because I live only a couple miles away from where the Arsenal is located.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott

Re: Mothman

Postby Scott » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:52 am

This has been floating around the web.
Scott

Postby Kid Shelleen » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:01 pm

That's pretty amazing. Just what the hell is that? A bird maybe?

Lots of questions come to mind.. So what’s the background story on this? What led up to the photo? How far away is the thing in the picture supposed to be?
Kid Shelleen

Postby Scott » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:13 pm

My personal opinion is I didn’t see the thing first hand so I don’t think it is real. That’s just me. And like Ann has said in this day and age it is all too easy for someone to fake pictures. My first thought was that if it is a real photo that it was probably a bird taking off from the fence vs. something way off in the distance. With all that said I will admit the picture is pretty cool and there is always that little part of me that asks what if it is real? :eek:

Gobbledygook and I were playing around with the picture over lunch today. Blowing it up and trying to get more detail. The problem is being taken on a cell phone camera the resolution is pretty low end. The thing we did notice is how light the color of what appears to be the head in comparison to the rest of the body.

Scott

Postby Gobbledygook » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:44 pm

Here's an article that talks a little about what's going on there today, it's back from 2009 but from what I gather the it hasn't changed.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11 ... words.html

Edit:
Found a more recent news article.

http://www.ng.mil/news/archives/2011/04 ... print.aspx
Gobbledygook

Postby Scott » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:00 pm

Nice find. I especially like the photo of the two soldiers looking for the Mothman. The thing only has 21,418 acres of woods to hide in. Shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Scott

Postby Kid Shelleen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:47 pm

So lets say for a second this creature or being does exists. Where did it comes from? Is this something that the military has captured or is it some sort of genetic engineered experiment that the government is trying to keep hidden away from public view? Does anyone remember the Monster Quest episode where during World War II the Russians were experimenting with cross breeding humans with large apes to produce a super soldier? Man’s intelligents with the strength of a gorilla. The Island of Doctor Moreau brought to life.
Kid Shelleen

Postby Scott » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:57 pm

I think the episode was called “Stalin’s Ape Man”. With that I at least understand what they were trying to accomplish. What would you cross with a man to get a Mothman? Now we’re talking something more in line with “The Fly”.
Scott

Postby Kid Shelleen » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:21 pm

We don’t have to restrict ourselves to insects do we? Remember there were huge flying reptiles just a few million years ago. If we are going to say these creatures exist it can’t be going much farther out on a limb to say they are possibly a dinosaur / human hybrid.
Kid Shelleen

Postby Gobbledygook » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:04 pm

What about a cross between a human and some kind of genetically altered bat? Maybe something like this?

Gobbledygook

Next

Return to Cryptids