Quest Team Paranormal Paranormal Investigations Forum

Login
FAQ

West Branch Witch: Ravenna, Ohio ** GRAVESITE FOUND **

Have you had an experience with an Entity, Imprint, Warp, Poltergeist, or Natural?

Moderator: Scott

West Branch Witch: Ravenna, Ohio ** GRAVESITE FOUND **

Postby Scott » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Being a huge fan of the paranormal and monster hunting I’ve been mapping out the location of a local witch’s Gravesite.

According to history the woods at this location are haunted by a woman who was supposedly killed by fanatical townspeople outside of this small town. She was accused of being a witch and was killed by being "pressed"--a method which involves laying a wooden slab on the accused and adding stones bit by bit until the body breaks and is crushed beneath the weight. Fittingly, her grave is marked by a mound of stones. Now the accused witch roams and haunts these woods. She is sighted from time to time, always clad in a flowing black gown and a black scarf. Over the years the stones on her grave have been scattered, but a layer still remains which cannot be disturbed.

A separate story is attached to the witch`s grave, It used to be a rite of passage for local kids to drive out to the "Witch`s Graveyard" at night and chip off a piece of the stone to take home as a souvenir. According to the story, a group went one night, and all but one of them took a piece of the stone. On their way home they died in a car accident. All but the one kid who protested and refused to take a piece of the stone. Ever since then, bad luck has followed anyone who dares to desecrate the witch`s graveyard.

I believe I now know where to find this gravesite and plan to pay it a visit next weekend (weather permitting). I will post pictures and disclose the location once I have seen it for myself..

The witch IS NOT BURIED AT THE ELLIOT FAMILY CEMITARY AS MOST PEOPLE THINK. This is an old family cemetery dating back to the 1800s that people have come to call the witch's grave. The witch is actually buried by herself about a mile away under a pile of large stones. It stands to reason that you don’t lie to rest something you are afraid of in a place that would be maintained and visited frequently by family and friends. You put it someplace that will be forgotten under large stones in an attempt to contain it. Want to know where the witch is really buried? Contact me...

Stay tuned…..

Scott

Re: Local Witch's Gravesite FOUND

Postby Kid Shelleen » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:58 am

Did anyone find the grave? I've been looking forward to hearing about this.
Kid Shelleen

Re: Local Witch's Gravesite FOUND

Postby Scott » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:37 am

Steve (Gobbledygook) and I were able to find the Witch’s grave Saturday morning. Let’s start out by saying that not all things are as they seem or how they have been recently presented. The grave is NOT where a Google search would lead you to believe, but with a little research all the clues you need are there. There is an old family cemetery dating back to the 1800s that people have come to call the witch's grave. The accused witch was actually buried by herself about a mile away under a pile of large stones. The stone were once in a mound, but after 120 years they have been moved and scattered. Finally after some point in time the location was forgotten. Which was actually the intent of the people who put her there in the first place. You have to understand that you don’t lie to rest something that you are afraid of in a place that will be maintained and preserved like a family cemetery. You put this spell casting demon someplace that will eventually be forgotten under a large pile of stone that will contain this creature. She was killed by means of being “pressed” and my guess is some of those same stones were used to mark the grave.

An accused Witch being "Pressed" in Salem Massachusetts.

The search begins…

Why must every road that leads to a monster, demon or in this case witch’s grave force you to cross at least one single lane wooden planked bridge?

The roads are also generally very curvy never letting you see too far ahead.

Finally we hit the trail. Believe it or not, this used to be a main road. Now there are only traces of what used to be the asphalt surface.

2 ½ hours later… ”We have got to be close… I just know we are right on top of it!” Steve and I both knew we had to be close to the cemetery.

We came across a lot of wildlife including a four foot black snake. They are harmless, but this guy was big! “Snakes… Why did it have to be snakes…”

After walking several miles we came upon the remains of the old family cemetery.

This cut stone wall still surrounds the final resting place of the 6 family members.

Only one stone even vaguely resembles a tombstone. You will find names and dates on nothing here. They have either been removed by the elements after so many years or they were never cut into the stone in the first place.

Most just look like this one and are oddly sunken into the dirt. Not sure if this was caused by settling from below or dirt being removed from the surface by someone or some thing.

If you do visit this site remember this IS a family cemetery. PLEASE be respectful and treat it as if it were your own family buried here. .

So where is the Witch’s grave you ask? Her grave is roughly a mile away under a stand of pine trees. The two pictures I took of the Witch’s grave were not on my camera when I returned home. I could have accidently deleted them while taking shot at the cemetery. All that means to me is that I will return sometime soon and take more. So there will be pictures of her grave out here very soon.

Special Note: The one odd thing Steve and I noticed about the cemetery was that our phones and GPS had absolutely no signal while near it. As soon as we stepped away everything would return to normal. Could be just a coincidence, but strange none the less…

Scott

Re: West Branch Witch, Ravenna, Ohio GRAVESITE FOUND

Postby Scott » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:55 pm

Is this the real West Branch Witch Gravesite?

Scott

Re: West Branch Witch, Ravenna, Ohio GRAVESITE FOUND

Postby Kid Shelleen » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:04 am

Wish I could have been there with you guys. Visiting places like this is always interesting. And trying to run down the true history is half the fun.
Kid Shelleen

Re: West Branch Witch: Ravenna, Ohio ** GRAVESITE FOUND **

Postby Scott » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:16 pm

Here is the video of the West Branch Witch visit.

Scott

Postby Scott » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 am

I was going back through recordings that we made on site while visiting the Elliot cemetery tonight. Here is an EVP that I found tonight while listening. It sounds to me like the entity is saying "Hide Me!" This may have been our young girl trying to communicate. I've attached an MP3 file. Take a listen and tell me what you think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scott

Postby Kid Shelleen » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:43 am

:eek: That is just a little creepy.
Kid Shelleen

Postby Ghost Girl » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:43 pm

That is wild Scott!
Ghost Girl

Postby That Thing Over There » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Sadly we are still seeing other paranormal teams mistake the Elliot Family Cemetery for the Witch's grave.
That Thing Over There
Site Admin

Next

Return to Ghosts